If you think that you are pregnant then you need to make an appointment to see one of our doctors when convenient. A pregnancy test will be taken and the results confirmed in a couple of days.
Once your pregnancy is confirmed you will need to see a midwife on a regular basis, from the beginning of the pregnancy.
Once Your Child Is Born
Once your child has been born, a member of the support team will contact you to register the baby with the practice if you wish to do so.
Arrangements will then be made for you to have your 6 week postnatal checkup with the doctor and an 8 week check and primary immunisations for your child. The doctor will then ask you to make an appointment for further immunisations with the nurse to complete the primary immunisations course. For more information on your childs vaccination schedule click here.
If you would like to access a copy of the current Antenatal Care Guidelines then you can visit www.nice.org.uk
Maternity Benefits & Employment (Mat B1)
When your pregnancy is confirmed your employer may ask you a MAT B1 Form. The MAT B1 is the medical evidence given to the employee by the doctor or midwife showing the expected date of confinement (childbirth).
Unfortunately the MAT B1 form is not available for download, however to request one you can either:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Texting us on 07780793149 (this mobile number does not receive incoming calls)
- Fax us on 0161 654 6571
- Request one from your midwife
- Request over the desk
You are also entitled to prescription cost benefits during your pregnancy, to apply for a maternity prescription exemption click here to download.
For more information on help with prescription costs click here.
Sure Start Children's Centres can provide early learning and full daycare for children under five. They also provide a number of useful services for both you and your child all under one roof including:
- Child and family health services, ranging from health visitor services to breastfeeding support
- Most offer high quality childcare and early learning – those that don’t can help advise on local childcare options
- Classes for parents, drop-in sessions and access to specialist services for families such as speech therapy, healthy eating advice and legal advice
- Help for you to find work or training opportunities, using links to local Jobcentre Plus offices and training providers
Sure Start Children’s Centres are open to all parents and children and many of the services are free. You will have to pay for childcare but support is available through Tax Credits.
Your Nearest Centre
Boarshaw Sure Start Children's Centre 0161 655 8850
Boarshaw Community Primary School
Langley Sure Start Children's Centre 0161 653 9526
Holin Sure Start Children's Centre 0161 655 4429
Kirkway Sure Start Children's Centre 01706 927 292