As part of the government’s Patient Choice initiative, we use the NHS Choose & Book system for referrals to hospital.
If our GP decides it would be appropriate to refer you then they will offer you a choice of up to 5 hospitals to enable you to decide which is most appropriate. You will then be given a piece of paper with a unique booking reference number (UBRN) and a system generated password. Once received you will need to follow the instructions on the leaflet to process your referral.
It is imperative that you do not miss your appointment as this could result in the GP having to re-refer you.
For information regarding any aspect of your referral please contact us either by:
- Emailing us email@example.com
- Texting us on 07780793149 (this mobile number does not receive incoming calls)
- Telephoning us on 0161 654 4103
- Dropping in and discussing at the desk
The Patient Transport Service is for infirm patients who cannot travel to their secondary care appointments.
The Department Of Health defines patient eligibility in the following circumstances:
- A patient's medical condition requires the skills or support of patient transport staff on/after the journey
- It would be detrimental to a patient's condition/recovery if they were to travel by other means
- A patient's medical condition impacts upon their mobility to such an extent that they would be unable to access healthcare ot it would be detrimental/hinder recovery to travel by other means
- A recognised parent/guardian where children are being conveyed
To arrange patient transport please contact the referral booking management service on 0161 655 1544 They will then assess your eligibility and book the transport for you or offer an alternative.
You can download a leaflet containing the above and additional information by clicking here.
If you do not qualify for the Patient Transport Service, you may wish to register for the CVS Rochdale Volunteer driver service. Established in 2008 - and winner of the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service for 2015 - this service provides affordable weekday transport for adults who find it difficult to use public transport – this may be because they are elderly, have mental health problems or have mobility issues. Volunteer drivers use their own vehicles to provide a door to door service, with CVS Rochdale managing the bookings.
All drivers are DBS checked, and undergo checks to ensure their vehicles are insured and safe. Users pay an annual membership subscription and then contribute 45p per mile to reimburse the driver. If you are interested in becoming a member of the scheme or volunteering, please call 0800 0320868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.