Care At The Chemist Scheme
Are you or any of your family suffering from one of these conditions?
- Allergies / Bites & Stings
- Athletes Foot (click here to access our Athletes Foot patient leaflet)
- Cold Sores
- Diarrhoea (click here to access our diarrhoea patient leaflet)
- Hay Fever
- Head Lice (click here to access our head lice patient leaflet)
- Headache / Temperature / Fever
- Indigestion / Heartburn
- Mouth Ulcers
- Nappy Rash
- Nasal Congestion
- Sore Throat
- Vaginal Thrush
You don't need to wait to see a doctor as you can get advice and treatment from your local pharmacy.
What do you need to do?
- Collect a pass book from the pharmacy. This allows 6 visits to the pharmacy if you are suffering from any of the above ailments
- Hand your pass book into the pharmacy
- When the pharmacy has confirmed your eligibility you will be asked questions on your symptoms and your current medication. There is no need to see a doctor.
How much does it cost?
If you do not pay for your prescriptions this treatment is free.
If you do pay for your prescriptions this treatment will be the same charge as a prescription charge or the price of the medication, whichever is cheaper.
Will i need medication?
You may not always need medication if this is the case the pharmacy staff will give you advice on how best to deal with your symptoms. If you are given medication it is only for you and not to be passed to anyone else.
You will be required to sign a form and show evidence of your exemption like you do on a doctor's prescription.
Can i go to any pharmacy?
All pharmacies within Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale provide this service.
If you have any further questions relating to this scheme then please contact:
Medicines Management Team
01706 652 875
Patient Advice Liaison Service
0800 121 4430